Monday, April 9, 2007

Skype

I have have heard of the new technology that is Skype, but never seen or experienced this communication type first-hand. Even though we did have some technical difficulties which no fault to our professor's (computer fell on floor) I got a good idea of the value added of this technology. A peer-to-peer Internet telephony network the most attractive characteristic of Skype communications system its broad range of features, including free voice and video conferencing. Not that I currently have much use for this product, I can see the value in subscribing to a network such as this. We saw how easy a connection was made with our Professor's college in England and how clear that connection was. I forecast that I will use a technology such as this in the future especially if on business trips and such.

1 comment:

Kristie Maher's blog said...

I agree with you Nicole; Skype is a great new technology and although I don't have much use for it now, I have used it in the past to communicate with my friends who went on study abroad in London. I was also surprised at how well the connection was and how easy it was to hear/understand who I was speaking with.